By Danielle Kekoa
- Purpose of Education: To dumb students down through socialist techniques and prepare citizens for a secular, humanistic society that tolerates all lifestyles.
- Content of Education: Completely godless and humanistic! No such thing as absolute Truth and all values are relative.
- Rules: Compulsory attendance laws, and other arbitrary requirements designed to usurp parental authority which is determined by state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Teachers: Varied religious backgrounds – Humanism, Atheism, Wiccan, Muslim, ect. (If they are Christian, they are forbidden to talk about it.) Teachers may be straight, homosexual, transgender or a child molester.
- Peers / Socialization: Varied backgrounds and segregated by age. Students are often involved in sexually immoral behavior, drug and alcohol use, have a hatred for authority, use vulgar language, as well as several other delinquent activities since they are likely receiving little or no moral instruction or values at home.
- Science / Biology: Naturalism & Darwinism – Everything comes from slime, matter, time, and chance. Life has no real meaning since we are nothing but highly evolved animals.
- English: It is not even taught as a first language anymore. Literature must be representative of all cultures, which are seen as having equal value, and has no inherent meaning whatsoever.
- Sex Ed: Students are given condoms and taught that sex outside of marriage is expected, homosexuality is normal, abortion is a means of birth control, and it’s perfectly normal to experiment with a variety of sexual partners.
- Safety: Students have a great chance of being bullied, sexually harassed daily, mentally abused, physically assaulted or possibly even shot to death.
- Control of Education: The State determines the required content and methods of education, and the parents have no right to challenge the curriculum.
- Purpose of Education: To teach and train children in the ways of the Lord through discipline and character development in order to prepare citizens for the Kingdom of God who are fully equipped to spread the Gospel.
- Content of Education: All of life is studied in compliance to the Word of God. Truth is absolute, and morality is defined by our Creator.
- Rules: Flexible daily structure with freedom to go places and discover new things. All guidelines are determined by God’s Word and it’s moral standards for living.
- Teachers: Loving parents who are born-again, committed believers seeking to model Christ before their children, and diligently teaching God commands all throughout the day.
- Peers / Socialization: Predominantly Christian background with people of all ages. Siblings, friends, elderly neighbors and other acquaintances who have a strong moral foundation, hold each other accountable, and seek to edify one another in the Lord.
- Science / Biology: God is the Creator and Sustainer of all things. Science involves knowing God through the creation of the world, His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. Life has significant meaning and value since we are created in the image and likeness of God Almighty.
- English: Students are exposed to a variety of quality literature, which is appreciated as a demonstration of common grace and interpreted in the light of Scripture.
- Sex Ed: Students are taught that sex was designed by God to only be within a marriage covenant relationship, and that all types of fornication are wrong. Self-control and purity are emphasized until their wedding day so they do not defile their bodies or bring shame to the body of Christ.
- Safety: Students are protected by the loving guidance of their parents who nourish the minds and souls of their children in a safe environment void of threats or other debilitating factors.
- Control of Education: Parents control all aspects of learning, and ensure that students are being taught with the fear and admonition of the Lord along with the highest quality of academics.
|Lea Harris founded Virtuous Foundations in 2006. A homeschool graduate (high school), she now teaches her own children at home using various methods and curriculum. Some of her favorites are Heart of Wisdom, The Picture Smart Bible, Math U See, and Excellence in Writing.|
Follow Virtuous Foundations on Facebook, @VirtuousFndtns on Twitter, and subscribe to our newsletter.